Steampunk Christmas tree decorations

There's so much more than steampunk than gluing cogs onto things – in fact, you don't need cogs at all. These gorgeous laser-cut decorations arrived in the post today from Atelier Fabry-Perot. They're precision-cut from fine wood, and still had a delicious scorched-wood smell when I opened them. They're brass coloured on one side and white on the other, and the shapes remind me of molecule drawings. They cost a mere £6 for a set of six, including p&p. I usually buy a new decoration or two every year, and could not resist these ones.

Atelier Fabry-Perot was set up by a couple of friends of mine, but I did pay full price for my decorations (and they'll probably get a surprise when they see this post!). They make a range of laser-cut items, including jigsaws, models, and even laser-cut cake stands. At the moment their Atelier Fabry-Perot Etsy site features mirrors, but it's well worth keeping an eye on as they'll have other interesting things in future.

I've grouped the decorations together for the photo, but now they're well spread out. Because I've accumulated my decorations over time, my tree doesn't have a coherent look. It's lovely to unpack memories each year, and these ones will make me think of my friends every Christmas.

Comments

  1. Oooh, those are gorgeous! I'll be keeping an eye on the Etsy shop from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks for the post! we were both ill over Christmas so only have just seen this post :) have also finally added more items to the shop plus using our amazing logo designed by Bristol graf artist Andy Council

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts