Welcome!

Welcome to Crinoline Robot! I suppose as this is the first post, I should say something about what the blog is about. Crinoline Robot brings together a few of my interests: early to mid 20th century style, vintage books, classic films, crafts (especially knitting) and science fiction and fantasy. I love alternate histories, retro-futurism, the quirky and offbeat. In case you're wondering where the blog's name comes from, it was inspired by a piece of embroidery I'm working on.

The blog is being written in the first person, because referring to 'The Robot' would sound pretentious, but there won't be any chitchat about family and friends here unless it relates to events, books or something else that's the main topic of discussion.

I hope you enjoy Crinoline Robot.

Comments

Popular Posts